May 2, 2017: Become a citizen scientist by tracking and recording many of Michigan’s unique butterflies! Created by the Michigan Butterfly Network, this 3-part training will take place on:
- Introduction & Program Background April 25th 5:30-7:30pm
- During the first training you will learn what Citizen Science is, why butterfly surveys are needed, and how these surveys are conducted.
- Butterfly Identification May 2nd 5:30-7:30pm
- The second training will help you put your butterfly ID skills to the test as you review how to carry out a butterfly survey and finalize your survey routes.
- Field Training May 13th 1:00-3:00pm
- The final training will run through a mock survey with guest speaker, Jen Tagett, Citizen Science Coordinator from Kalamazoo Nature Center.
Help entomologists around the world by collecting real, useable data and becoming a Citizen Scientist today! Program price is a flat fee of $25 which includes 3 training sessions, guest speaker, and Michigan Butterfly Network materials.
Where: Blandford Nature Center Visitor Center
Date: Tuesday May 2nd, 2017
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Cost: Flat fee of $25/participant which covers all 3 training sessions, guest speaker, and Michigan Butterfly Network materials.
Program for participants 13 years or older only.
Registration is required. Click below hold your spot today.