Are you interested in growing your own garden while bathing in the beauty of natural surroundings? Become a Blandford member today and rent a garden plot for the 2013 growing season. Each plot is 8’x25’ and $40 per plot. This fee includes:
• Garden space - available from April 1, 2013 through October 26, 2013 (Weather
• Garden space is available to Blandford members only
• There is a mandatory garden meeting on March 23, from 1 to 2pm
oThis is a chance for gardeners to meet, exchange garden plans, exchange
seeds, and build our garden community
o Bring a dish to share along with reusable cutlery for your party.
o Beverages will be provided
o Plot assignments and garden maps will be distributed at this time.
• Access to limited garden tools such as hoes, shovels, and a wheelbarrow
• Combination-Locked tool shed for storage of tools
• Water access and usage
• Compost pile for garden-related organic material
• Public access restrooms
• The opportunity to meet other gardeners, get outside more often, and share ideas,
produce, flowers or seeds
• Online discussion forum
• Pre-registration for the 2014 growing season
To reserve your spot, please complete the Community Garden Application and return it, along
with your plot fee, by March 22, 2013
to Jesica Lamden, Community Garden Coordinator. We
can not guarantee your spot until your application and payment are received. Once we have
received all forms and fees and cleared your background check we will notify you of your
garden plot location.
A limited number of 2013 community garden scholarships are available for those with limited
income. Contact Jesica for more information.
Community Garden Coordinator
1715 Hillburn Ave NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Community Garden Application