Service Group Volunteering
This volunteer option is for organizations and corporations that would like to put together a representative group to complete a day of service.
Service Groups are exempt from having to complete Volunteer Applications, however, they will need to submit a Liability Waiver with their Service Group Work Day Request (or drop it off at the time of the service).
Step 1: Request a Service Group Work Day
The following information is required to request a Service Group Work Day:
- Organization/Group Name
- Organization Contact’s Full Name
- Organization Contact’s Number
- Organization Contact’s Email Address
- How many individuals plan on attending the Service Group Work Day?
- If this is a student service work day, please specify age/grade above
- 1st Date Choice of Service Work Day
- 2nd Date Choice of Service Work Day
- Time Frame of Service Work Day ([EX]: 12:00pm-4:00pm)
- Any specific projects or work areas you would like to request your organization work on
- Are there any special needs or circumstances we need to work with? ([EX]: wheelchair/crutches, allergies, cognitively impaired, senior citizens, etc.)
- Will your service group be eating lunch onsite, and if so, would you like to reserve a space to eat lunch?
- If your group is doing an independent team-building/reflection piece as part of their service work day, please provide a brief outline of when these segments will occur
Please send the above information to our Volunteeer & Outreach Manager at:
Subject: “Insert Organization Name Here Service Work Day Request”
Step 2: Receive Service Group Work Day Confirmation
After we review your Service Group Work Day request, we will schedule it on our Volunteer Calendar and send you a confirmation.
The confirmation email will include your Organization Service Group Work Day date, time, number of individuals attending, and preparation details. If you requested a specific project to work on, further details will also be included in this email.
Interested in a One-Of-A-Kind Service Day Project?
Service Groups can claim a project to work on during their time out at Blandford. If you’d like, please select one of the following as your Service Group’s special project to accomplish when requesting your Service Work Day.
Wagon Wheel Trail Foot Bridge
Jeans & Jewels Gala Volunteers (Thursday, September 20th, 2018) Jeans & Jewels Gala Prep tasks (anytime between September 3rd-September 20th)
Harvest Festival Volunteers (Saturday, October 13th, 2018) Harvest Festival Prep tasks (anytime September 24th-October 12th, 2018)
Power-wash & repaint the Environmental Education Center
Farm Playscape Landscaping/Expansion
What is the minimum amount of volunteers required for a Service Work Day?
We request that your Service Group have no less than 5 volunteers. Some projects work better with more or less volunteers, depending on the task. The Volunteer & Outreach Manager will do their best to play “match-maker” with your group’s number of volunteers, skills, availability, and the amount of projects.
What is the minimum amount of time my service group can spend out at Blandford Nature Center?
We require that all service groups dedicate at least 1 hour to their service day, preferably during open hours (Monday-Saturday 9am-5pm). We are flexible during your work day and may alter the duration originally requested depending on the number of volunteers, weather, and tasks available.
Can our Service Group make a donation or pay for a specific project during our Service Work Day?
As a non-profit, Blandford doesn’t always have resources set aside for some of our wishlist projects. Feel free to not only do the hands-on work but also purchase or donate supplies needed to complete the project!
When requesting a service work day, please note that you’re interested in funding the project or would like to make a donation so that our Volunteer & Outreach Manager can discuss options with you.