Service Group Volunteering
This volunteer option is for organizations and corporations that would like to put together a representative group to complete a day of service here at Blandford Nature Center.
Service Groups are exempt from having to complete Volunteer Applications however they will need to submit a Liability Waiver with their Service Group Work Day Request (or drop it off at the time of the service).
Step 1: Request a Service Group Work Day
Fill out the below information to request a Service Group Work Day:
- Organization/Group Name
- Organization Contact’s Full Name
- Organization Contact’s Number
- Organization Contact’s Email
- How many individuals plan on attending the Service Group Work Day?
- If this is a student service work day, please specify age/grade above
- 1st Date Choice of Service Work Day
- 2nd Date Choice of Service Work Day
- Time Frame of Service Work Day ([EX]: 12:00-4:00pm)
- Any specific projects or work areas you would like to request your organization work on or with?
- Are there any special needs or circumstances we need to work with? ([EX]: wheelchair/crutches, allergies, cognitively impaired, senior citizens, etc.)
Please send your to our Volunteer and Outreach Manager at:
Subject: “Insert Organization Name Here Service Work Day Request”
Step 2: Receive Service Group Work Day Confirmation
Once we’ve been able to review your Service Group Work Day request, we will schedule it on our Volunteer Calendar and send you a confirmation. The confirmation email will include your Organization Service Group Work Day date, time, number of individuals attending, and preparation details. If you requested a specific project to work on, further details will also be included in this email.
Interested in a One-Of-A-Kind Service Day Project?
As an option, Service Groups can claim a project to work on during their time out here at Blandford Nature Center. Below are several projects, preparation tasks, and events that are on Blandford’s radar to accomplish. If you’d like, please select one of the following as your Service Group’s special project to accomplish during your day of service out at Blandford Nature Center when requesting your Service Work Day.
Nature Nook Mud Kitchen(Claimed by the Grand River Prep High School)
- Wagon Wheel Trail Foot Bridge
- Sugarbush Festival Volunteers (Saturday March 24, 2018)
- Sugarbush Festival Prep tasks (anytime March 1st-March 23rd, 2018)
- Jeans & Jewels Gala Volunteers (Thursday September 20, 2018)
- Jeans & Jewels Gala Prep tasks (anytime between September 3rd-September 20th)
- Harvest Festival Volunteers (Saturday October 13, 2018)
- Harvest Festival Prep tasks (anytime September 24th-October 12th, 2018)
- Power-wash & repaint the Environmental Education Center
- Farm Playscape Landscaping/Expansion
Frequently Asked Questions: Service Day
What is the minimum amount of volunteers required for a Service Work Day?
We request that your Service Group have no less than 5 volunteers. This helps with not only accomplishing the tasks at hand but also for group morale. Additionally, some projects work better with more or less volunteers, depending on the task. The Volunteer Manager will do their best to play “match-maker” with your group’s number of volunteers, skills, availability, and the feed of projects that need to completed here.
What is the minimum amount of time my service group can spend out at Blandford Nature Center?
We require that all service groups dedicate at least 1 hour to their service day, preferably during Blandford Nature Center’s open hours (M-W & F 9am-5pm, Th 9am-7pm, & Sat. 10am-4pm). Overall, we are pretty flexible to the duration of your service day. We may alter the duration originally requested depending on the number of volunteers, weather, and tasks available.
Can our Service Group make a donation or pay for a specific project during our Service Work Day?
As a non-profit, Blandford Nature Center often doesn’t have resources set aside for some of our wishlist projects. However, generous support and donations make many of our dreams come true! You could become one of those generous organizations by not only doing the hands-on work but also purchasing or donating the supplies to complete the project.
When requesting a service work day, please note that you would be interested in funding the project or would like to make a donation to support your service efforts so that our Volunteer Manager can discuss options with you.