Join the Blandford team!
Volunteers are highly valued as an integral part of the success of Blandford Nature Center. Blandford has many opportunities that let you share your time and talent. We would love to help you find something that matches your interests, skills, and availability.
Anyone who wishes to volunteer must:
- Complete a volunteer application (group service days do not require one)
- Volunteers under 18 years old must also complete a parental permission form.
- Permit us to complete a background check. It is our policy as well as the policy of our partner schools.
Large volunteer groups are exempt from the application, but will sign a liability waiver onsite. If your company or group would like to volunteer, check out some our opportunities listed below.
Contact Jessie Schulte at 735-6240 x22 with questions about volunteering or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to fill out an application to serve on a group work day or eco-stewardship Saturday?
No, group service events do not require a full application. Applications are for those seeking to regularly work with students on trail guide programs or in the wildlife center etc.
- Thurs, January 29th 5:30-7pm: All welcome to attend a new volunteer orientation!
- Sat, January 31st: 9:30- 12:30pm: Eco-stewards
- Sat, February 7th 11-2pm: Davenport’s Alternative Break
- Sat, February 21st 1-3pm: All welcome to attend a new volunteer orientation!
- Thurs, February 12th 9-12:30pm Sugarbush Trail Guide Training
- Sat, February 28 10-12: Sugarshack Operator Training 10-12pm, followed by chili lunch.
- Sat, March 14th 9:30-12:30: Eco-stewards Invasive species control group work day.
Land stewards meet in the green learning lab across the parking lot from the main visitor center at 9:30am. Staff and interns will start the day with a lesson on invasive non-native shrub and tree identification. Volunteers will learn to identify common invasive plants like buckthorn, privet and honeysuckle and then we will all head out into the forest to practice our identification skills. Finally, we’ll cut and treat those unwanted invaders improving habitat for native species.
Please come prepared to work off the trail with warm clothes and sturdy shoes that could get dirty. Group service day opportunities are open to the public so an application is not required. Bring a friend, walks-ins are welcome. !