Come join the Blandford team!
Blandford Nature Center has many opportunities that let you share your time and talent. We’d love to help you find something that matches your interests, skills, and availability.
Anyone who wishes to volunteer must:
- Complete a volunteer application.
- Volunteers under 18 years old must also complete a parental permission form.
- Permit us to complete a background check. It is our policy as well as the policy of our partner schools.
Large volunteer groups are exempt from the application, but will sign a liability waiver onsite. If your company or group would like to volunteer, check out some our opportunities listed below.
Contact Jessie Schulte at 735-6240 x22 with questions about volunteering or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 23rd, 9:30- 12:30pm
- September 6th, 9:30-12:30pm
- September 20th, 9:30-12:30pm -Creek cleanup
We meet in the green learning lab across the parking lot from the main visitor center at 9:30am. We will start with a lesson on invasive non-native shrub and tree identification. Volunteers will learn to identify common invasive plants like buckthorn, privet and honeysuckle and then we’ll head out into the forest to practice our identification skills. Finally, we’ll cut and treat those unwanted invaders improving habitat for native species.
Please come prepared to work off the trail with warm clothes and sturdy shoes that could get dirty. These opportunities are open to the public so walks-ins are welcome. Application not required for group work days. Bring a friend!