Learn from nature.
We invite adults and children alike to enjoy, explore, and learn in nature. Below you’ll find details about our Wildlife Care Experiences which you can participate in at Blandford Nature Center and our Blandford on the Road program where we take nature off-site to wherever we’re needed for wildlife education.
Let Blandford bring the excitement of nature to you!
We offer 30 to 60 minute long live wildlife presentations that help students discover who they share this great, big planet with. All of the programs are designed to integrate science standards while engaging students’ natural sense of inquiry. Program curriculum can be customized for groups and are taught by our knowledgeable, experienced educators.
Request a Program
To register for a program, please email our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-735-6240 ext. 102 with following information:
- School/Organization name
- School/Organization Address
- 1st Choice Date & Time
- 2nd Choice Date & Time
- Name of Contact Person
- Phone Number
- Group size (30 max)
- Requested Program
Group size is limited to 30 students or less. We are able to work with you to schedule multiple days or multiple trips in one day if needed for larger group sizes.
- $100 for any 30-60 minute presentation for up to 30 people.
- $50 for any additional, consecutive presentation. Groups larger than 30 people require special arrangements.
Travel cost includes up to 20 miles round-trip. The mileage fee of the Federal Mileage Reimbursement rate applies to locations outside of a 20-mile range. Trips longer than one hour will also be assessed a driving fee of $15/hour or a prorated portion thereof to compensate for staff time.
For the curious child or adult in your life!
Wildlife Care Experiences is a fun-filled way to let your child explore the world of wildlife care hands-on! Participants will get a chance to assist with the daily tasks of a Blandford wildlife technician.
- $50 base program fee for members
- $75 base program fee for non-members
- $25 for each additional person (excluding supervising guardian) joining BUT NOT participating (doesn’t receive shirt and picture)
- $50 for each additional person joining AND participating (receives shirt and picture)
The majority of your fee will go towards the care of Blandford’s Wildlife Ambassadors, helping to provide them with vet care, food and housing.
- Two hours filled with hands-on experience
- A behind the scenes tour of the Wildlife Department
- Participation in the feeding of the animals
- A screen-printed Blandford shirt
- A photo taken with a wildlife ambassador of your choice
This experience is geared for ages 4 and up. Please contact the Registrar at email@example.com or call 616-735-6240 to schedule and purchase a Wildlife Care Experience.